Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there! Please indulge me as I post about my Mom - otherwise known as Nana. We don't live near each other, but we talk alot on the phone, Skype and email. I LOVE our conversations. I think that is my favorite thing to do with my mom. Talk. Also, we have alot of fun at thrift stores and doing our various crafts. She is a wonderful quilter and knitter and, of course, mom. I never realized how hard this job is until I had my own children. And, let me tell you, it doesn't get much easier when the kids get older either. She has always supported me and encouraged me along the way. Most importantly, she was and is a good role model of what a great Mom should be. I continue to look to her for guidance as my children get into adulthood and hope that I have as the same  relationship with my adult children as I have with my Mom. Friends of ours lost their Mom last weekend and I know that today will be especially painful for them. I always try to make sure that nothing is unsaid to the ones I love. I say it often to them and I'll say it here again for my Mom - I Love You! Here's a special message for my Mom - she'll know what it all means:
Pick one and don't worry, she's where she needs to be and stop worrying, you'll figure out how to fix the hole and worrying won't fix it and if it's not one thing............
Have a great day everyone!

1 comment: