Friday, October 18, 2013

It's Wardrobe Changeover Time

It's the time of the year that I hate the most (besides when "they" take my hour away) and it is time to say goodbye to the sundresses, shorts, tanks, capris, bathing suites and, perhaps most painful of all, the flip flops. If you live in the North, you know what I mean. If you are in the South, this is puzzling to you. Trust me, it's nothing you need to know about. It is the time of year when I start plotting my return to the South. And, believe you me, I will. In a few years, I am thinking. So, I spent the day saying adios to Lilly Pulitzer and other cute things. Depressing. Hello to turtlenecks, sweatshirts, fuzzy socks, sweaters and flannel pj's. I would like to say it's nice to see you, but I would totally be lying.

4 comments:

  1. It's depressing isn't it? I plan on storing the summer things away this weekend also. I've lived here all my life and hope to leave in a few years. I love the change of seasons - but after the first snowfall, I'm ready for warner weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It happened sooooo FAST! It was in the 70's and 60's......then BAM! 45 cold stinky little degrees!!!!!! Just in time to try to go to Brookfield Zoo next weekend for the kids' Fall Break. Grrrrrrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! I hate the cold, ice, dark, and S***! (snow)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find this hilarious! I'm originally from AZ and I didn't think anyone else existed who hated snow as much as I do. I live in Colorado.

    ReplyDelete