Monday, August 9, 2010

First Day of JV Football Practice

Ah, yes. The football practices have begun. On the field at 8 am and off at 1ish. School doesn't start here until after Labor Day (Can I hear an amen!) but this is our first clue that summer is over and we are getting back to it. Today, #5 (who is in great shape from hockey) remembered that football uses other muscles and he is a little tired. That's a long time on the field. I asked him if he was going to take a nap when we got home. He replied, " I'm not going to take a nap. I might die, but I'm not going to take a nap." Bless his little macho heart! The lack of blogging has been from hockey, now football and the presence of #1, Pretty Princess and Little Man. I just can't seem to get myself together! Oh, and I am tackling some major jobs around the house. I hope to get some form of "normal" around here soon. Things are looking good for that, but time will tell. Oh, and all the waiting I mentioned in a previous post? Someone asked if if was something bad, but it's just my life right now. I am transportation to several (4) people and I spend ALOT of time in the car waiting. Great stitching time! Oh, and I jumped on the bandwagon and I started "Tis Green in the JCS Ornament preview issue. Seems that everyone is doing that pattern! Will let you know how it turns out. Anyone else out there doing this pattern?

2 comments:

  1. I've made like a dozen pincushions from that pattern! I should make it into an ornament like it's supposed to be! I also spend hours in the car waiting each week, and I get a lot of stitching done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We start school next Tuesday. Princess Noodle is going into Middle School. I'm not nervous. Turtle is going to be in 3rd grade. He always makes me nervous. I have plans to take a firehose and shovel to the house when school starts. LOL. Maybe there will be time to stitch. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete